View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSPTurtle View Post
...they even had a built in GPS with a huge screen that pops out. (Yup, I am old school). I think it would be neat to retrofit my '86 with built in GPS. Then again, the only thing I want my radio to do is play from my iPhone and charge the iPhone at the same time.
Wait a minute now, you're speaking in tongues. Old school and GPS are oxymorons. "Old School" is 8 tracks and AM radio stations, or at the very least cassette tapes. They didn't even have satellites orbitting back then to support that new-fangled GPS stuff. And iPhone...what is that?

I still have the original Blaupunkt that came in a box with the car (can't use it, the security code was not included). Instead, the car has a Panasonic POS that plays music via FM (or them thar' new fangled CD thingies) through absolutely crappier speakers. 'Course, my old hearing is pretty well shot from a lifetime of noisy hobbies so the music thing does't do much for me anyway.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)