View Single Post
Brando

Garage
I'm in a bit of a pickle.....or at least it feels like it.
I don't have those pin/"keys" for the end of the cam, don't know where to get some.
I have the scavenge pump w/the air pump drive. I haven't really paid as much attention to this part of my project as I should have mostly because it intimidates me for some reason which seems stupid as I just completed the rebuild of my 930 engine. This engine was in parts when I got it, and this pump is not for this engine, it's for a later 930 and mine is 77 930. Add to that that, I don't have the sheet metal for the 930, I'm going to be using the metal from the 77 911s and modifying it to work with the scavenge system. I have gone back and fourth with ideas of using the SP or draining to the chain covers which would be easier especially since I'm using the Garrett turbo as well using less oil flow. Then Chris of turbokraft told me I just need to use the scavenge system since it's better and I have everything. But I'm missing the line to it, and from it too....it just seems daunting to me for some reason. Should I drain that bi*#h? Am I making this too much of a deal? Thanks, BA
Old 09-29-2011, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)