View Single Post
Non User

Garage
Describe "loose", like sloppy steering, lots of adjustments necessary to make the car go in a straight line (a la 60s muscle car)? Or does the front end feel light? If front end feels light, it can be the alignment settings, I had that on my car after getting a track / street (whatever that means) setup from my shop, a litlle strange feeling on accel, but in a diving turn it felt rock steady. Took some getting used to, I did some suspension work about a year later and had another shop align, letting them know of this issue, when I got it back it was more neutral, no excessive lightness in the front. Visually the car had much less neg camber in front and back after this round. Helped get a little more from tires, but wasn't as sticky in the corners.

The first setting IMO was too aggressive, but the car seemed to drift out of the corners, it helped with the boost oversteer, after new settings I had to react faster to oversteer. Now that I think about it I wish I had the 1st setting again- or really somewhere in-between, more towards the aggressive side. Did the er polys last week and doing another align at 2nd shop, going to go a little more aggressive than last time.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)