View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Larry's 930 is a survivor in wonderful condition, all of the owners have taken great care of it. The mods we determined best for Larry's purpose were my headers, K27-7200, and my stock replacement intercooler. As Larry stated, pumping up the boost was not necessary as the power and driveability were so greatly enhanced. The engine is now under less stress than when stock while producing greater than 100WHP more than stock. Boost threshold was reduced by >1200rpm which vastly improved driveability. The torque curve became dead flat and did not drop below 325 ft/lb from 3000-6000rpm.
The only issue we had was the badly rusted header studs. Half of them snapped off requiring a very time consuming extraction. I have pictures of this that can be posted when I get back in town on Monday.
There is still power and performance left on the table as the fuel curve has not yet been optimized. We will take care of that next and expect the mileage to climb from 13mpg to 21mpg and add even more torque to the midrange.
For those who wish to turn a stock 930 into a really enjoyable machine these type mods are the ticket. All bolt on so the OEM parts can be stored to preserve the car's resale value. The fuel head remains stock and the Lambda system intact. Start up and warm up remain unchanged.
Also you might notice the orange SCAT tubing peeking out from under. Yes the mythical heat exchangers that I've been testing on my car have been installed on this one. The patterns are with the machine shop and god willing we will have heat this winter. Pelican will be notified when the first batch is final so we can all enjoy the nice cold dry air of winter... in comfort!
Old 10-07-2011, 08:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)