View Single Post
Uno Dei Molti Porschisti

Tire dimensions and wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche930dude View Post
Can someone measure for me the actual height and tread width on the kumho 265 16 ? also what kindof milege can i expect out of them. Thanks much
Hi porsche930dude,
As you know, the actual height and actual tread width are defined by the tire size. The X-section - sidewall - profile is something else of course. If you can wait until my car comes out of the shop Tue or Wed, I'll post the max sidewall widths bottom and top of tires at 32F/33R.

I can say that like other Kumhos, the sidewalls extend enough that you won't rash up your rims if you kiss a curb parking. Not sure if they specifically claim rim protectors for this tire, but have 'em de facto.

Mine's a regular narrow body Carrera with 7&9's, lowered (wasn't when I first posted in this thread), front lips rolled essential, some neg camber dialled in, rears no issues although I have coilovers and 935 plates, not sure if retaining bolts would be close on torsion car. You can easily just pull out the rear fenders enough by hand to give a bit of room (thanks for that tip, Steve Wong!) but you've a 930 so this may not even be an issue. I'd been running 32 front, 34 rear, but rear centers were gettin' it so now I'm giving 32/33 a shot, so far it seems to work better.

I'm JUST on my third set of rears in, I'd guess without the docs, some 20k of spirited street (back roads) driving, 2nd set of fronts still good... so until I get harder info, it looks like, allowing for anticpated improvement with 33 rear pressure, say 10-12k rears and 15-18k for fronts...

I have to say I love these tires, super grippy, just a slight tad squirly in the wet if you push it but better than previous SO2/3 set up (RIP, NLA). And very quiet, nary a cornering squeal or moan, just a slight roar, given that panic stops do elicit some noise and smoke ;-).

Last edited by BarryJB; 10-08-2011 at 07:12 PM..
Old 10-08-2011, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)