Thread: 934 conversion
View Single Post

Hi Guys. Kevin Mentzer at Automotive Innovations in Van Nuys did the conversion. The flares are fiberglass (unknown manufacturer) sourced from a buddies racecar years ago. Kevin put in a ton of time on the flares, bumpers, and tail to give them a factory finish. The car was not taken down to bare metal as the original paint was near perfect at only 34,000 miles and provided an excellent base. I'll see if I can dig up some more photos of the conversion...

Currently the car rides on factory suspension with Bilstein heavy duties in the back - sports up front. It actually rides pretty well considering that I have removed almost 500 pounds from the car...

I have a full RSR coil over setup with 935 spring plates, 935 front suspension and Smart Racing sways in the den that I will install next summer when it gets too hot to boost down here in Vegas.

Todd, the tow hooks are from Rennline. They are pretty trick in that they thread into recievers built into bumper shock replacements that act as crush tubes. The bumper shock replacements are lighter than the bumper shocks by about 2.5 pounds each too. I'm sorry that we could not meet up. My schedule has been pretty hectic as of late. Next time you are headed this way, let me know and I'll make sure I'm around.
55 Belair
40 Ford pickup

Last edited by rsrfan; 10-10-2011 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: spelling Doh...
Old 10-10-2011, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)