View Single Post

Send a message via AIM to Mike Hall
3.6 turbo build (advice and info needed)

So, I picked up a 3.6 turbo long block and I need some advice and a little info on a mild street setup. The long block was run with twin turbos with some stupid high HP numbers but I only want to run a single turbo with HP numbers in the 400 range and very street able. I may like the ability to add a touch more boost or something for more power later but I think 400hp will be enough.

Specs:
Mildly ported heads
EVO GT2 cams
Pauter Rods
3.6 Malhe turbo pistons/cylinders
Niro ringed heads
ARP head studs
GHL 930 headers 1-5/8"

I figured now that I have spent a good portion of my budget on the long block, i could go with some lower end bolt on items for now. I will be using a standard 964 plastic intake but, will upgrade injectors to support the fuel needs for the HP rates I want to end up with. Here is a list of things I am not sure about yet and any thoughts on these items as well as cheaper alternatives would be nice.

Tubro (K27 or GT35)
Wastegate (stock 930??)
Blowoff valve (stock 930?)
Stand along ECU or re-mapped 964 DME?
Injector size for 400-500hp with being street-able

For right now, the goal is getting something put together for a running car so, if I can avoid a $1500 turbo and $4000 Motec and other high dollar goodies i would be pleased. You guys with more turbo knowledge than me please give me some ideas on what to do.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by Mike Hall; 10-13-2011 at 07:45 PM..
Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)