View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911 tweaks View Post
any specs ie weight, engine size/hp/redline, ect... ( I probably missed them told to us earlier)
what a drop dead gorgeous car............................................... ........

The motor had a rod knock Thursday a week before the event, and got a complete rebuild by Tuesday. On the bright side, it received a significant performance upgrade. The motor was converted from a mild hot rod 2.2 to a stroked 2.4, using a 2.7 crank and rods and 2.2E Ps&Cs and E cams. Heads were ported and polished. Result is a 10.0 compression ratio.

I had heard about this combination before( Wayne's Top Engine Pics", all I can say is that it was a hoot to drive. Lots of torque through out the power band, no lack of power at low revs like a S, but still screams at the top. The transmission was also rebuilt with short A-F-M-S-X gears which really helps.

As a side note, they only had three working days to completely rebuild this motor, including all the required machine work, Hats off to TRE for getting this done.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)