View Single Post

Garage
Has anybody putting the Elephant racing rear polybronze bushing had a problem with the spring plate's ride height adjuster bolts scrap on the Body? I installed these on my car and we went to align it, and realized the left and right spring plates now have the adjuster bolts scraping paint off the tub. This doesnt seem right to me, as the stock bushings did not do this.

Also has anyone ever had the torsion bar on one side pop out the steel pressed in cap from the Torsion bar's splined cover cap, which is the part bolted through the spring plate to make for adjustable ride height?

I was disappointed at the fitment of the bushings inside the torsion bar tube, both inner sides are loose, and it says to glue them in with Urethane adhesive, so good luck ever getting them out again, if needed. I will shim mine with shim stock, upon taking both sides of the rear suspesion apart again to remedy this problem of the spring plates scrubbing the sides of the tub.

The only solution I see to still use these polybronze bushings is to use a round shim plate between the polybronze bushings shoulder and the welded face of the torsion bar housing. Has anybody done this, or tried another solution to space the spring plates properly away from scrubbing on the body?

I attached a pic of the parts prior to assembly.

Thanks,

Ben

Old 10-19-2011, 12:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)