View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayman S View Post
You can contact Marc Noack at marc.noack@porsche.de.....He works at Porsche in Stuttgart. I recently went through this when I purchased a 1987 930S Slant....it indeed was a factory car. My car is a Sunderwunsch...or special wishes and it does not have the 505 designation on the sticker...so that does not mean that just because your car does not have the 505 option code that it is not a factory car. A few features to look for are boxed rockers, one headlight motor, additional oil cooler under the front valance (usually found only on Euro cars), the vanes in the inlet behind the door are made of wood....hope this helps....DR
The strakes behind the doors ARE NOT made of wood. They are composite plastic, held in place by two stainless screws on one side and locating pins on the opposite side of the strake. I don't know how this "wood" thing got its start, but at best its urban myth and at worst total misinformation. You read it everywhere and we've got to stop propagating this. Cayman S, I'm not singling you out on this, it's everywhere, but calling attention to information that may sway people from an actual slantnose vehicle.
The early prototypes may have had wood strakes, but the Sunderwunsch or M505/506's did not.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-22-2011, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)