Thread: Checking in
View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
I heard - he called me when it happened. I drove it for a couple thousand miles with good AFR's and a bar and it showed good plugs. I hated it for him since he only has 3 or 4 months of summer. I heard its back together and he seems to have it tuned for his fuel/boost/altitude and really likes it now.

I hope Brad Boardwell finally gets his back together so I can sit in another 930 soon...
Don,
Good to hear from you. Hope you're doing well.
Did you let Totl know about the custom pistons you had done up in that engine? I seem to recall in your build thread that you were using custom pistons that closely mimicked the 993 turbo's piston design? Special ring lands to prevent rings from rotating, piston domes reaching higher into combustion chamber,.....?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-22-2011, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)