View Single Post

Digital WUR - Success stories?

I am upgrading my'91 964T with a bunch of bolt on goodies including a full exhaust, 1.0 bar boost and GT35R. Part of what I will need with the upgrades is more control over when the fuel arrives to keep the AFRs in check.

I like the idea of the Digital WUR but know it has had some bumps as it evolved (the big thread of 1000+ posts was a monumental and depressing read!) and was therefore leaning towards a Leask WUR with RPM solenoid.

That said, I still like the concept of the digital WUR, and to the credit of UTCIS they do seem to have remained committed to trying to improve it and get it to work in a reliable way.

So, before deciding not to use a Digital WUR on the strength of the historical problems, I thought I would ask if people are now finding success with the product since the stepper motor has been replaced by an injector and the software has had whatever upgrades it may have had.

If so, I'd like to hear about those successes.

Likewise, if there are still challenges with the product, what are they and how serious are they to achieving accurate control over AFRs in a reliable way?
Old 10-22-2011, 05:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)