Thread: EFI Idle issues
View Single Post

I've connected the ECU with my laptop and made two videos; 1) shows the general engine settings and things like the idle control setup 2) is real time readings while car idles and then is given some throttle.

The car worked fine before so I'd like to approach this issue assuming that the tuning is correct and that some sensor or other component has failed.

This is first attempt at recording computer screen with camera and posting to you tube. the videos are best watched at full screen. If they are not clear enough let me know and I'll repeat in the next few days.

Video 1 Movie 0001 - YouTube

This is a bit long but I was trying to give time to read information on each page displayed..

Video 2 realtime data - YouTube

This is a start-up after 2 weeks of not starting. the idle seems to be searching for correct RPM more on second start then first. Although DTA screen short only shows small rise in RPM when I give the throttle a push the in car tach registered a 5ooo rpm peak when pressing throttle.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)