Thread: Ode to OSI930
View Single Post

Ode to OSI930

Wow, we are lucky to have Todd (OSI930) on this forum!!! I was at wits end with my ignition wiring today. I was ready to rip out every gosh darn wire and as I started this quest my phone rings.
It's a number from Kansas... so I answer thinking it is one of my aerospace clients out there. As I answer it, this really nice gentleman on the other side says hey, this is Todd from the board (on a Sunday nonetheless). He proceeds to spend about 30 minutes on the phone with me relaying an issue he had once before that was exactly like mine. He explains the problem, patiently listens to me b1tch about what is going on and offers me a solution. Not only offers me a solution, but stays on the phone while I troubleshoot it and trace down exactly what he is talking about. Did I mention that he took time out of his Sunday to call me and discuss my issue
Anyway, I waste his time by telling him how I am chasing this down. He calms me down and says to give this a try. Plus he tells me exactly where to look on this board to find a part number that I can get from my local Radio Shack to at least figure out if this is my issue.
I run to Radio Shack, pick up the part (for $1.47) and then head out with the family for a day of fun. When I get home, I put the part in exactly how he described and everything works like a freaking charm.
This is not to mention all of the PMs he has sent me and spare parts he has sent to make my life easier.
Wow folks, it is people like this that make the PP board such a valuable asset.
Thank you Todd, and if you are ever in central Florida, you have a place to stay with a beer or sixty on me!!!
Thanks again!!!
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)