View Single Post

Here were my suggestions:

1) Instead of entering control pressure, it should use a wideband 02 sensor in a closed loop system. That way you enter AFRs instead of control pressures (which is ultimately what we are trying to control)

2) The control pressure should be measured at the DWUR and electrically sent to the "brain" (Mine has a thin fuel line that can be easily kinked)

3) Random loss of programmed values should be fixed.

4) Output a warning signal whenever AFR is say 0.5 points above the requested value.

5) Let the software import/export the maps as excel or csv or text files that way it is much easier to optimize your map

6) Let it auto-tune itself, given the AFRs of point #1

Of all of these, #3 is by far the most dangerous. I cannot determine why it happens and is the reason why I suggest point 4- you can always energize the cold start valve in an emergency lean condition. Point 6 would make life soooo much easier, but in the absence of that, at least give me point 5!
Old 10-23-2011, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)