Thread: EFI Idle issues
View Single Post

I'll start by removing the ICV to clean and check its operation. When I have it removed I'll plug the inlet & outlet and try starting to see if issue persists.

Running car without ICV should tell me if the ICV is regulating the idle or not. Once the ICV ihas been confirmed as operational and cleaned I'll install and running again to see if issue persists.

[Have you checked your spark plugs, coil pack, spark plug wires? MAP sensor looks fine but set your General Engine setting >pressure ,KPA to 80 ( just incase MAP sensor fail you can be able to drive home.)

I have not checked spark plugs, coil pack, spark plug wires ...The car starts fine and runs fine under power so I believe that I'm getting good spark. After ICV is eliminated as a problem I can move on to other possibilities.

I found this procedure for checking ICV:

To check the idle air control motor remove the unit, with the wires connected turn the key to the "on" position without starting the engine, the idle air control should move in or out. If the idle air control motor does nothing it has probably failed, replace it with a new unit and recheck system. Note: while the idle air control motor is removed clean (use aerosol carburetor cleaner) the passages the idle air control uses to control idle air speed, also inspect the idle air control for a build-up on the seating (pointed) end and clean as necessary.

Last edited by EmptyGarage; 10-24-2011 at 05:26 AM..
Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)