Thread: EFI Idle issues
View Single Post

Garage
Yes, you can start the engine without intercooler, ( you need to plug the hole for idle control valve first )
put an air filter where connect to outllet of intercooler. After you start the engine without intercooler rev your engine. At this time try to set your enigne RPM to 800. There is adjustment screw on throttle body.
If engine runs smoothly your problem is idle control valve.....I don't think is idle control valve.

Have you check your crank position sensor? one time after I wash my car water got into connector I cannot rev the engine up over 2000 rpm.

Next what you have to do is ECU test function for fuel injectors and coil pack, take out fuse for fuel pump make sure fuel pump is not running. disconnect all 6 fuel injectors connectors,
DTA P-8 pro software on, go to Display and test function > test injectors and coils.
To be on the safe side you can disconnect spark plug wires...
If coil packs fire okay, test your fuel injectors.

You may have a broken wire in your fuel injector connector, or water in your crank position sensor. that is how your engine sound like to me.
1989 930 EFI, DTA, Carrera intake, twinturbo,2x GT-35R.
1991 964 convertible, wide body conversion.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)