View Single Post

I spoke to Frank at Unwired today and he confirmed that they have now switched to an injector instead of the stepper motor.

He also said that some problems with the build quality that caused the EPROM to lose its memory on a limited number of units have now been resolved.

He also reiterated the company's commitment to support users of the product, acknowledging that there have been bumps in the road that have caused some of the early supporters to lose some enthusiasm.

So that would be a couple of major concerns addressed:
Stepper motor failures - history
Unit losing its memory - history

Programming the unit is similar to the past I believe: vehicle on dyno, hold rpm in desired rpm band, check and adjust AFR until at desired level, let drop back to idle, set up the starting point for next rpm band (probably just copy the one you've just completed), bring car up to RPM band and so on through the range.
It sounds time consuming to have to let it drop back to idle and set up the next rpm band before tuning it, but hopefully you only have to do it once.

As mentioned in this thread, and well documented by others who have used AIC and Greddy injector controllers, I am sure that injector controllers could be used with good effect and I am also considering this route. However, it seems like a hassle to source out the various parts to put together a DIY injector controller set up versus buying a ready to install kit like the Digi WUR.

Has anyone installed and used one of the new injector based units? How is it performing?
Old 10-24-2011, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)