Thread: Gas heater?
View Single Post

Installing a gas heater is an option as these were an option on many VWs including the 411/412 series and many Porsches including the 911s. They were not an option on any of the 914s, however, which means that you would have to fabricate your own system. I suggested to a 914 colleague of mine in the Yukon Territory to consider a gas heater - a BA 4 in particular - as I believe that it could be "piped" into the exisiting heat exchanger system. The key, of course, is that it would be necessary to have the heat exchangers and the connections in order to insert this type of gas heater. My best suggestion to you is to buy SS heat exchangers and the heater tubes, and consider adding a gas heater only if you find the heat from the exchangers to be inadequate. This would be the simplest and likley the most cost-effectrive because the system was factory-designed. My 1970 914-4 has good exchangers and the heat is excellent for all but Winter weather (these cars aren't made for Winter anyway).
Old 06-12-1998, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)