View Single Post

Garage
Okay here is a good update.

I was able to take it out for a about a short 5 mile jaunt. It ran great for the most part minus a surging idle. I need to check timing and the mixture.

I ended up sending the fuel distributor head and newly rebuilt WUR to CIS Flowtech for diagnosis. The fuel head was fine, but the WUR pressures were all out of spec. I have to say Larry was great! He was very helpful and patient with me. It was a quick turn around, the service was great, and all is working well.

There were some extra filter baskets in the lines that come out of the fh and go to the injectors. These would get up in the banjo fitting head and cause issues and of course the WUR was misadjusted.

I received my cis stuff from Larry put it on the car and installed the gauges. The pressures looked fine and I fired it up. The car stumbled a little, then settled out. I decided t put the LM-1 on it to see where I was at. Starting up the car cold I'm in the mid 10 range. I think it's a little rich here, but I would prefer rich for now. I still need to check a few things, but the afr's are stable and predictable.

It turned a bad day into a good one. Needed that. Time and kids permitting, I'll check timing and mixture tomorrow. I'll see if can get rid of the surging idle and get the afr's at idle into the low to mid 14 range for idle.

absolutely +1 for Larry at CIS Flowtech.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)