Thread: Gas heater?
View Single Post
Author of "101 Projects"

I was driving in my six conversion the other day, sitting in LA traffic, wondering what the best solution would be for adding heat. I have two sets of 914-6 heat exchangers, but I love the power and the sound I get from the headers that I have on there right now.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to be looking into alternative heating for the 914. I figure that there should be some type of piping or dryer hose tubing that I can thread across the headers and into the heating system in order to 'simulate' the heat exchangers being there. I don't want to lose any power from the engine by going to the stock heat exchangers, and I also don't want something that is going to rust out and become dangerous. I know that they make aluminum tubing for dryer hoses, I'm thinking that there should be some way to turn that into a heat exchanger alternative.

Like I always say, I buy more parts for my car at Home Depot than any other store...

Look for a tech article to come soon, if this is successful!

-Wayne
Old 06-13-1998, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)