View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
If you have an old black German made bosch coil it's the best one you can have for the origonal bosch CDI ignition. Tape off the top part and fine sand and spray paint it satin black if it's ugly.

Second best coil you can use with origonal CDI is probably the permatune epoxy filled coil. It will work with the permatune or bosch CDI and with no oil inside it won't leak any oil out and burn down the wire coils inside if mounted upside down on the heat cycling high frequency vibration saturated fan housing.

Third coil option is the current bosch clear anodized aluminum coil made in Brazil you linked to on pelican.
You only rent those. In my experience they are inconsistant junk and will leave you on the side of the road eventually. Hoping one will last more than 2 years is like throwing darts in the dark.
It may be possible to get a good one and it may last a while if mounted coil wire side up over on the longitudinal or somewhere away from engine vibration and heat transfer, but the internal quality is inconsistant compared to the old ones made in Germany.
ok, on that note, hahah, i wanted to replace it cause i replaced every other part of the ignition with new stuff, and figured it would be good piece of mind,..but i guess, why fix it if it aint broke...thank you for your response, i almost pulled the trigger on that coil above, so im glad i asked
Old 10-30-2011, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)