View Single Post
Turbofrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanne68 View Post
yep, checked the surface temp of all 6 headers at the port with a pyrometer when I got home and noticed the glow. None of them was glowing, and they ranged from mid 500F to low 600'sF within a minute of pulling into the garage (I keep the pyrometer in the car as I am still in tuning mode).

I haven't had a chance to read the plugs yet, but is it possible that one is not firing and passing raw gas into the exhaust system and it being ignited when it hits the collect and mixes with the other cylinders mixes which are still combusting/have residual O2 which would allow post ignition of the raw gas and overheat the turbo? this is probably a stretch, as the car runs great, idles smooth, and has not miss, but I am reaching at this point.

I don't think any of the plugs are dead as your temps are about equal. I think your distributor timing on cruise is too retarded (sticky or bad distributor). The AFRs seem reasonable. Report what you find on the actual TDC vs. the pulley marks.
79 930: HX40S#16, MS3pro+ID1000+044+E85, Ignition: 123/TUNE/MSD6A, True split BB, 2*turbosmart38
Old 10-30-2011, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)