View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfbus View Post
I don't think any of the plugs are dead as your temps are about equal. I think your distributor timing on cruise is too retarded (sticky or bad distributor). The AFRs seem reasonable. Report what you find on the actual TDC vs. the pulley marks.
Great point. I need to start at the obvious and confirm my base timing is correct before doing much else. I will also try and measure what my timing is at cruise RPM (low to mid 2000's), sort of a poor man's distributor mapping exercise once I have confrimed based timing via TDC.

Does anybody know what the typical timing would be at in the mid 2000 RPM's?

The one thing that I cannot figure out is why just the turbine would be overheated. if its high EGT's due to timing or fuel, why wouldn't the headers be glowing? it is literally just the turbine housing that is effected by whatever is causing this condition

'81 Euro SC coupe, 79 3.3 930 engine, 930 transaxle, B&B full dual outlet exhaust, 964 intercooler, 964 cams, CIS injection, K27 7006 turbo. '08 Triumph speedtriple. '06 BMW 330xi
Old 10-31-2011, 02:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)