View Single Post

Garage
I think RUF did 964 RCT Turbo before factory made 964 Turbo itself.
I read some test of them in 911 World Mag by one owner having both of them.

I've understood (please redirect me, if I'm wrong):
RUF RCT application was made on standard 964 engine with standard internals.
RUF RCT Evo was made with different camshafts, pistons and heads.

RCT standard was capable of 380 hp with RUF reworked Motronic box, KKK7200 turbo and intercooler.

RUF RCT Evo info & photos needed - Rennlist Discussion Forums

I have considered to do something like this to my 964 3.6 engined car, this one in Nürburgring in September, still underpowered:

I have already some RUF BTR stuff left over from my other project (which actually had RUF BTR engine in it, before we started to rework that one further) like complete RUF intercooler with lines, Turbo fitting exhaust lines, exhaust muffler for 2 outlets. Only missing part is that KKK turbo and RUF Motronic box. If I will find this setup not satisfying enough, I do have some extra set of RUF BTR 3,4 pistons and cylinders in stock.
This car just got Big Reds this spring and is now under coil over alteration with SRP swaybars. As you can see, in these pics suspension really dives...

Last edited by petri; 10-31-2011 at 11:51 PM..
Old 10-31-2011, 11:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)