View Single Post

Garage
Brian,

It's a mechanical pump. It's on a 78 930. I don't think I understand about unscrewing the drain plug, sorry. I've heard of a "coffee can" test that runs one hose from the catch can and one hose from the scavenge pump into a coffee can. Ideally, once the motor is running the level of oil in the can should remain the same. If it rises there is an issue on the scavenge pump side.

Also is there a check valve by the rear breather I should look at? I've only gotten this motor and car on the road from the PO this last weekend so I don't really know the history of the car/motor.

If I run a vent line up, where to I run it to? The oil tank? I'll have to look at a manual to see where the original runs to. The previous catch can was not stock either. It went on my other motor that's being built.

Thanks,
John
Old 11-01-2011, 02:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)