View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevil64 View Post
I just did a warm motor test and there is a difference.

This time using 30 oz of oil for supply.

24oz of fluid sucked up by the scavenge pump and 27oz was the out put from the catch can a 3oz variance or 3oz too much on the supply side.

The oil in the car now is 15-40w. I know it should be 20-50w. Should I change the oil or is this just wasting oil?

Or pull the scavenge pump and inspect the pin and possibly change the seals. Where do I get these seals. I haven't opened one yet.

Thanks,

John

John,
I think you have too much oil feeding the turbo. You're probably missing the check valve ball. That's the good news. The bad news is getting at the area you need to verify the ball check valve is there. Check out Cole's picture in the previous post and you'll see where it is.
Sounds like the previous owner knew of the problem but didn't know how to rectify it so they put in the vent on top of the catch can.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-02-2011, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)