View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevil64 View Post
I just did a warm motor test and there is a difference.

This time using 30 oz of oil for supply.

24oz of fluid sucked up by the scavenge pump and 27oz was the out put from the catch can a 3oz variance or 3oz too much on the supply side.

The oil in the car now is 15-40w. I know it should be 20-50w. Should I change the oil or is this just wasting oil?

Or pull the scavenge pump and inspect the pin and possibly change the seals. Where do I get these seals. I haven't opened one yet.

Thanks,

John
The seals have nothing to do with the flow of the pump they just prevent any leakage as the pump is a simple gear oil pump. Check the lines running to and from the pump for small leaks or they may even be partially blocked or collapsed internally. You should take them off the car and blow them out and see if they are wet from leaking.

If not that, it sounds like your seals are leaking in the turbo. Does the smoking stop after a little while idling or does it continue?
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)