View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmeister View Post
What are the symptoms whe you get a sensor going bad? I mean what do you see on the XD16 gage or other gage from innovate?
Would you get lower readings than reality or some sort of error message?
I gotta say the Innovate instructions suck and the help line has some young punk answering the phones with an attitude half the time. Once its hooked up it seems to run ok.
I have had mine a year now, I calibrate mine every few months and figure as long as I see 20.6-20.9 AFR in free air when its warmed up before starting the car the sensor is still good.
My biggest fear is that the gage appears normal but just shows lower AFR readings than the engine is seeing. This would mean running lean without knowing it.

thanks,
Fred
The numbers would just go crazy or even freeze. Intermittently it would appear to read correctly and then it just stopped. I didn't have any issues with it while I was still running N/A but I lost 2 sensors using the bung immediately after the turbo, the second even using a copper heat-sink. I had a bung welded on the exhaust pipe just after the muffler and have had no problems since (I'm running one of Brian's mufflers).
Old 11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)