View Single Post

Garage
On the "plugging" of the oil catch can, I can say this through recent personal experience. If there is a problem in the turbo oil recovery system whether it be on the scavenging side or the supply side such as more oil is supplied than removed then the oil will back up into the turbo if there is no where else for it to go. If this happens we all know or should know by now in this thread you risk your turbo seals.

When the catch can was not vented the oil would back up into the turbo burn thus causing smoke out of the exhaust. When I vented the catch can it would escape out of the vent (sintered bronze) and onto the ground.

I am for the venting because sorb-all is cheaper than a turbo rebuild/reseal. I'm just speaking from my experience.

In conclusion, I replaced the restrictors with the stock adaptors and I no longer have the problem of the leak. I will probably reinstall the restrictors due to a history of spinning a rod bearing, but I am going to open up the restrictors to 4.5mm the size of the holes in the banjo bolt from 2.5mm. The stock was are 6mm vs the 5mm I stated earlier. I took the 5mm from a posted link and for my application is was not correct. Apparently there must be two different sizes.

Thank you to all for your help and suggestions. I do appreciate this forum and I guess I need to put in an order at PP...

John

Last edited by sundevil64; 11-04-2011 at 05:26 AM.. Reason: added conclusion
Old 11-04-2011, 03:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)