View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard930 View Post
The colder temps definitely help - getting down to around zero C (32 f) in the mornings now and the car is certainly more responsive. My idle is also a little faster, and even on warm starts it will idle around 1,000 - 1,200 rpm whereas in the summer it starts and idles at about 800 rpm. I guess the AAR just never cools enough to raise the idle in the summer, but once we get into single digit temps (in celsius) maybe it never gets warm enough to lower the idle? I've tried squeezing the pipe between the IC and the AAR though and it doesn't drop the idle so maybe something else is raising the idle?

I don't have a built in AFR gauge but it would be interesting to see how the colder temps affect AFRs - have you noticed it running any leaner?

Once I get heat exchangers these lower temperatures will be much more enjoyable
My AFR's were about .2 higher. No big surprise. My AAR is working fine I think (just for kicks, I checked the voltage to it as well as the resistance of the heating element...and pinching the hose brought the idle back to 950).
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)