View Single Post
resident samsquamch

until the next one, I bid you farewell...

My Dearest Pelicans,

With heavy heart, I report that the deed is finally done: my 930 has found a new home. If ever a material object was capable of representing a person, for seven years, this 930 was my identity. I inherited so much more than just a set of keys when I made that first journey to pick up this car. I soon found myself in a nurturing and active niche community of fellow enthusiasts all willing to share; ideas, parts, experience, knowledge, tools, wisdom, good times, and of course BEER.

I am deeply sorry for staying away. Like the black sheep that wants desperately to contact his alienated family, the longer I went without posting or sharing, the more awkward and embarrassed I felt. And so the divide deepened. Truth be told, I've just been wrapped up in my own little world. The past two years have been a whirlwind, where have they gone? There just has not been time for wrenching on cars, and so my beloved 930 had been sitting idle...something I have always been against. Cars are meant to be driven, not just polished with a diaper and admired like a trophy.

What's next? I will likely be in the market for another car, mid-year 2012. And while my experience(s) with this mistress have been a love affair I'm likely never to forget, I'm setting my sights on an early '90s 964 C2. Something simple, affordable, slightly more modern yet still old skool, with the potential to be a "sleeper" with some mods. It's been said that the boost bong is a hard habit to break...I guess I'll find out.

Wishing You All My Best,
JL (sand_man)

PS: Out of respect for the new owner, let's not get into finances and how much the car sold for. The car held it's value; I got what I wanted, he got what he wanted...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 11-11-2011 at 05:55 AM..
Old 11-10-2011, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)