View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
The boost diaphragm. I couldnt reset the cold control and warm control pressure so i thought the bottom disc had moved again. So I hooked up air to the boost connection set it at 1 bar and air was coming out of the vent. I took it apart and all the springs were ok and the rubber gasket looked ok. The warm up circuit was good and i had correct voltage to the plug. All i need then is a couple of the stainless steel metering discs.
If air is coming out of the vent it's not the steel fuel metering disc in the top that's probably fine. It's the boost pressure enrichment synthetic diaphram in the bottom that's leaking air.

That boost pressure diaphram pushes the center pin downwards against spring pressure under boost. When the pin moves down it lets the steel metering disc move downwards away from the control pressure line orifice in the top part so more hydraulic control pressure fuel is allowed to to return to the fuel tank lowering control pressure which lets the air flow meter push the control plunger upwards in it's cylinder farther uncovering more of the fuel metering slits so more fuel is shot out the injectors.

If BrianLeask won't sell you a diaphram, maybe Larry Fletcher CISFLOWTECH can get one or two for you. You bought one of his imagine auto modified fuel heads.

Probably best to send it back to Brian Leask.

edit:I was plucking away at the keyboard when you posted again... I figured Brian would fix it for free.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)