View Single Post

I used to get the vibration in 1st and 2nd around 4400 rpm and above. I had both Wevo shifter and coupler in my vehicle. I removed the Wevo coupling and used lighter shift knob, the vibration noise is now gone. I kept the Wevo shifter in because I like them. My mechanic explained that there is vibration from transmission and the Wevo coupler doesn't have the play (OEM has a play in their design that help absorb the vibration) and this caused the vibration to accentuate the noise of the shifter. Try holding the knob when the vibration noise is heard and moved it little bit to the right or to the left and the noise should be less. This will give you a clue that the vibration is from the linkage between the coupler to the shift knob. I installed brand new Porsche coupler (which is improved version of the original) and the noise is gone now. I also removed the heavy shift knob and replaced with really light one to help the noise from coming back.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)