View Single Post
Registered

electromotive twin plug ignition timing CIS

Searching the archives for timing values for my specific motor was becoming tedious, posting this for the archives. Electromotive twin plug timing (hpx, hpv, xdi) with 2 bar map sensor on a cis fueled engine, this should be a good starting point. Any additional thoughts?

This from Richard at Clewett Engineering:

'When using A MAP sensor the setup is a little different than without the sensor. With the MAP sensor in place 15 degrees is added to a full vacuum and 0 degrees added at 1 bar boost. Start with the initial timing at 0, 18 degrees at 3000 and 0 at 8000. With these settings I would expect to see your actual timing at idle to be about 10 degrees. At 3000 I would expect to see about 28 degrees at no load. Verify these values with a timing light.
The recommendations are only a starting point. All engines are different and you may need to add or take away timing depending on your engines needs.
You have the makings of an engine that will produce far more HP than the CIS system was ever designed work with. I'm not a big fan of CIS engines with non CIS cams, modified fuel heads and WUR. More often the not they run rich at low speed and idle. Keep a good eye mixtures. If this is a street car and you find the idle mixture richer than 12:1 at idle and low speeds, it would be a good idea to run a hot spark plug plug.'
Old 11-15-2011, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)