View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliolps2 View Post
which is running the vacuum hose that comes from the inside of the distributor to the temp switch the back to the inlet manifold, the temp switch has 2 vacuum ports, **** on the back of your motor next to the engine oil breather
That thing's a bear to get to, unfortunately. Just to add to the general wisdom pool, the last time I had my motor out I checked the function of that temperature sensitive switch by placing in warm water to see when it opens (around 150 degrees F. is what I saw). If I recall correctly, its function is to keep the ignition timing retarded (until the swich heats up), thus causing the catalytic converter to heat up quicker for emission purposes. Something like that anyway.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)