View Single Post

Right, I just checked my AAR - since I have the engine half apart.
My ambient temp is 75 F right now. I ahve about 1/3 aperture. You should have more than that at 60 deg - maybe 50%.
If not, try pinging it with screw driver - see if it is free enough to move more open.
Also you could try cracking the hose free a bit on the backside and let a bit more air in and see if the idle is happier.
Apart from putting it in fridge - it should be near wide open at fridge temp. It is designed to operate in tandem with the WUR which also controls fuel pressure by similar bimetallic finger - they both feel the cold the same. The WUR dumps more fuel in until the finger warms up and closes the fuel diaphragm down, the AAR opens up to allow more air to go with the fuel. If it is not opening properly, the engine can't use the extra fuel and idle up.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 11-15-2011, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)