View Single Post

Brian, I can't measure fuel flow on boost. But on boost I am at WOT. To get the first fuel flows, I simply depressed airplate to near full extension. At idle I just cracked it open til fuel flowed. Your comment is interesting. I last had the headers off when I re- ringed the engine about 3 mths ago. 2 & 5 were looking the leanest - but the WOT fuel mix I recorded this time was almost identical to this one. I made a small tweek back then to get them even, and that is how I now record them. I have generally put 2&5 down to running hotter being mid cylinders, but you are probably right.
But I am truely baffled by this result. There are defintely no air leaks in 1-3. I think I need to have a look after taking it straight off the track with no cold running/idle. But even the idle fuels don't/can't explain it. What I'm trying to figure is whether this is in any way indicative of my track conditions.
One other thought was the over-run. I have 3 ft flames out the zork when off WOT and on to brakes. I can understand this (CIS - full fuel mix in intake), but why only one side?.
Waiting for your headers - which is why I have these off.
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 11-15-2011, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)