View Single Post

The DWUR has another issue. I don't know if my fuel head is modded - but the car came (ex Japan) with a bit of a strange fuel system and a host of fuel issues. Took a lot of time on the Pelican forum for a 930 newbie to sort them out. As far as I can see, the head is stock, but I have long been puzzled why it runs on boost best when I cut the fuel dump off completely. If the Imagine Y slit mod is visibly different, then I am sure mine is stock. I have inspected it closely. I have considered buying another head for it to settle the matter. But I also invested a heap of hours making a new fuel piston for it too - which cured most of the issues.
I think I made the right choice switching to your headers by the sounds of yours and Jims comments. I wouldn't know a good collector from a crappy one. I am presuming you are referring to the 3:1 junction. I dumped the heat boxes because any weight that is not contributing to speed is excess baggage. Chopped them off when I had the engine out last.
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 11-16-2011, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)