View Single Post
River Rat

Jim,

I pulled my motor a few years ago due to a broken head stud and some minor leaks. I broke the motor down to the block, but did not split the case. I replaced the head studs and all of the gaskets and bolted everything back together. Knock on wood, everything has been running great and I use my car 99% of the time at the track. IMO, these are great motors in stock form and I keep the revs down to 6000 most of the time.

I would suggest that you pull it out and fix what needs fixing, nothing more ... just my opinion. Good luck. BTW, you have the flat black 930? pictures would be nice

Regards, Dave
1986 930 - K27-7200, Andial Intercooler, Tial Wastegate, Electronic Boost Controller, B&B headers, Bodart Zork, Leask Adjustable WUR, Full Elephant Racing Suspension w/Adustable Spring Plates and Von Shocks, Wevo Transmission Mounts, Fuel Safe Fuel Cell, Forgelines (9"/11"), Hargett Shifter, Innovate AFR, Cobra CF Seats, DAS Rollbar, Coleman Floating Rotors, Lightweight Interior, Forgeline 17" x 9"/11", 2800 lbs.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)