View Single Post

Excellent! Now don't let anyone else touch your car...hooking and unhooking things, adjusting this and adjusting that. These things really aren't all that complex - all mechanical in nature (other than those various relays and a Lambda controller if you're using it) - but like any automobile the basics of ignition timing and fuel delivery have to be correct or we just chase our tails.

Point of interest: The AAR's aren't designed to be "easily" adjusted, but can be by driving in a pin to increase the opening. Drive it too far, and you have to take her apart to drive it back the other way. I think the spring tension on the bi-metalic component weakens with age to where adjustment eventually becomes necessary. One of the many first things I did to my car to get her where I wanted.

Now, out you go for a spirited late Fall run through the desert (wish I could do the same, but winter is setting in with that funny white stuff falling from the sky
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)