View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliolps2 View Post
hey JFairmann, the tank fuel screen is spotless , I also have 044 pump and good flowing fuel head, no rear pump, and a stock euro 112 WUR, what do you think about the MSD unit?
I never heard of the MSD unit before so I don't know what to think about it other than it seems like a bad idea to give higher voltage to a fuel pump than it was designed for if you want it to last long and be reliable.

Put a rear fuel pump in, an 044 or a good origonal 930 one and you'll get more fuel up top. A new 044 flows more and would probably be the better choice.

A modified aluminum lambda fuel head with it's more flexible synthetic diaphram and it's individual steel fuel metering discs in between the upper and lower chambers can flow more fuel up top than the early cast iron fuel head with stiff stainless steel diaphram you have now, and a Brian Leask adjustable control pressure regulator with the boost control pressure set lower than stock or some other device like the andial bosch frequency valve with a modern aftermarket controler in the control pressure line to lower control pressure during boost will also help alot.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)