Thread: Twin Plug?
View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
if you are referring to what Porsche did to the stock production 911 Turbo vs. the guy building a modified 911 turbo, I see no comparison to be drawn. Porsche was looking at the bottom dollar, and at 300hp saw no need for twin plug, and we can all agree that it is not money well spent twin plugging a stock 911 Turbo.
Here's why I say that.
Porsche, like any manufacturer, must balance manufacturing cost, warranty cost and customer satisfaction against performance targets. We can assume that they did enough testing to where they said "ok, we've got a powerful and reliable engine here. We don't need twin plugs to make it live to 100k miles". So, the 3.3 engine and the 1994 3.6 engine didn't get them for longevity reasons. That's my point. I'm saying don't twin plug for detonation protection, do it "while your in there". Do it for performance.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 11-25-2011, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)