View Single Post

Garage
Kilo, my 89 has the painted crests on them. From the looks of them they were on there since day one. I had the wheels redone and the caps painted over to match. From what I remember they were painted on and not inserts, I have some pictures of them. Before and after. If you look closely at the ones on the lift they did not protrude from the cap. You can also see two holes for the removal tool. I also included one off another 89 factory slant (red) that odly enough does not have the holes and looks like it protrudes a bit. They are body colored wheels though.

The only thing I could imagine is that the body colored (not black) wheels had different center caps if ordered with painted crests.

I looked at my CA and found no listing for them and no listing in my sales brochure either.

The mystery continues.............

Old 11-25-2011, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #454 (permalink)