View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Ken, When are you diving into your EFI conversion? Maybe we can get all the S. Fl 930 guys together at your place to kick off the swap. Maybe between me and Frank we can come up with a small piece of advice to ease your journey. But ask before the beer starts flowing
probably march april time frame. I have most of the parts collected but there are a few expensive ones still hanging out there. And i would love the help i'm thinking the best time would the day i put it in and try to start it.
So whats left:
1 get all the parts to build a new wiring harness.
2. buy the rest of the sensors. Throttle sensor, I think a couple temp sensors.
3. idle stepper valve not sure i think i can use the one that came with the 3.2 intake.
4. My spare set of heads are ported and valves done but still need to be drilled for twin plugs and flame ringed.
5. Knock control havent decided yet .
6.Send my 964 cams out to be reground to gt-2 and have the power stearing boss cut off and a oil pump drive drive boss welded on.
7. gt-2 oil pump not decided yet but probably, stock turbo pump has 80k miles on it now.
8. ceramic coats heads and maybe pistons depending on what the pistons look like when i take them out on the rebuild.
9. gasket set.
10. Build an intercooler plan on buying your core and building my own end tanks like Juans intercooler.
11. purchase 12 coil on plugs. Probably the toyota ones with the built in ignitor they fit the valve cover holes real well and are good quality and less expensive that the VW ones.
12.once it's apart send the rods out to get rebushed and checked unless i find a good deal on some carillo's or pauter rods in the mean time.
13. havent decided if i need to get the case shuffle pinned yet probably not.
14 thinking about programming two maps one for 93 octane and one for e-85.
not sure on the e-85 though i read some tech info on the bosch 044 pumps and it said run time for e-85 was only 500 hours. I'll look inot that a little more before deciding.
15 . sell all the CIS bs to recoup as much money as possible.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue

Last edited by Ken911; 11-25-2011 at 05:33 PM..
Old 11-25-2011, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)