View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
More great info, thank you!
I have not looked at anything in good light yet as it is raining here. The paint is really beat up with a lot of badly patched rock chips. This car is going to be a driver so I'll just buff it out. The interior appears to be physically in good shape, it's all black leather.
Color is charcoal gray metalic. Awsome color.
I see there is a mount between the rear seats for an ANDAIL or DP boost knob, I don't like that. Engine sounds real good though. Tranny shifts nice and easy with no drama and even goes into 1st on a roll! Whoohoo! The mechanic said the tranny was rebuilt 2 years ago so it should be in good shape. After pussyfootin' two 915's I plan to put that bad boy 4spd to the test!
Yes US bumper boobs on a Euro 930. This car was federalized in 1985 and it looks like they did some weird stuff. The front fenders were converted during the process and lack the Euro side signal lights. The oil cooler was moved from the front fender to the front bumper. There are a lot of strange gadgets on this car that I don't recognize. I'll post some pix and see if you guys can help me out. My '78SC based turbo is a sunroof and option delete light weight and has none of these do-dads.
Found a nice surprize in the glove box - a Passport radar detector! I do NOT need anymore help getting in trouble, ha!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)