View Single Post
Scotiagreg

Garage
Here are some more Rust repairs

I appreciate the kind thoughts and I am looking forward to special consideration from St. Peter some day. I'll likely need an angle just to sneak past him. I am anxious to get on to some better pictures of the media blasting and priming but it would be disrespectful and unfair to the god of oxidation to not show a few more of the spots we repaired.

There's lots more, if you can believe it.

I confess, Larry did the welding. My job was to follow him with the grinder. I was using a big ass grinder that was born sometime in the 80's. It would vibrate just enough to take all the feelings out of my hands in 10-15 minutes of steady use. You haven't lived until you have all your weight on your right elbow holding and stretching your left hand into a tight space holding an old heavy beast of a grinder and the only thing to take away the hand numbing vibrations are the metal burrs that you keep dragging the back of your hand back and forth across. You just stare at the scars and blood forming on your hand and pray that maybe the old grinder will experience an electrical short to knock you on your ass and make the hole experience come to a dramatic but peaceful end. Damn, it was fun !
Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)