View Single Post

Ride hieght and how it looks is a matter of taste if within reason and nothing is rubbing.

The back looks OK but the front is around an inch too high for my taste and since you've had the torsion bars corner balanced and you don't want to change that I'd lay down next to each front wheel and reach under the front with a 3/8 ratchet with 11mm socket and turn the torsion bar adjusters counterclockwise an equal amount on each side.
That shouldn't change the balance left to right in front and only lower it.

It's easy to turn each adjuster 1/4 turn at a time by watching the position of the ratchet handle. I'd guess a full turn counterclockwise on each front adjuster will lower it around 3/4". You can always turn them back if you don't like it.

You have to drive the car a little to settle the suspension after adjusting it and
lowering the front will toe the front wheels in a little so the tie rod ends will have to be adjusted to toe the fronts back out to where they were or should be after lowering it.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)