View Single Post

Garage
It's a snap-on scissor lift. It only goes to 34", but I only have 9' ceilings so that's good enough. With the bumper off there was plenty of clearance, even with the ATV jack under the engine. The SC just clears the lift when it's down, but the 930 isn't even close, so i built some 5" ramps to drive up on.

I notice now that the one pic from the side makes it look tilted backward, but that's just the camera angle. The rockers are perfectly level.

My challenge now is how to get the engine up on the stand. I didn't think that through all the way when I bought my T stand. The middle support won't go under the jack. I'm going to try and modify the ramps with a more gradual slope and roll the jack up onto them. If that doesn't work I'll have to break down and go get a U stand instead. Many have said they are more stable anyway.

Here's a better pic of the lift
17 NSX - Nouvelle Blue
Old 12-02-2011, 05:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)