View Single Post

"...When I was washing the car this ling white rubber tube came out from behind the sunroof..."
Got me...so I went out and took a look at my sunroof. All that's under there is where the headliner folds under the lip at the front, and the roof seals front and side. No funky thin white (or any color) rubber tube to be found. Maybe it just kinda "fell in there" when the sunroof was left open in the barn for the last few years.

what is up with the puffy visors?
Just consider them as bags under the eyes....she's tired, being neglected for so long. Buy new visors, or take them to an upholstery shop to be recovered or whatever they do.

what is this switch? It is 3 toggle switches mounted on top the console. What could this be?
I just love mystery switches. God only knows what it does. Fire her up, and switch the switch....see what happens. And what's that vertical roller switch thingy above the door lock warning light and between the AC controls? Nothing like that on my '87. I'm jealous....

About the dirt: Dirt is just dirt. Clean it, re-condition it, and all will be well. Despite the dirt, it sounds like everything is working and she runs fine. That is great testimony to German engineering. Even seriously neglected, she continues to live and breathe as a queen.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)